View our new extension plans
We’ve submitted a planning application with our commercial development partner (SMBL) to extend our St Pancras site with new learning, exhibition and outdoor spaces for everyone to enjoy.
We’ve been developing plans at our St Pancras site to open up our collection, spaces and services to more people than ever before.
Following consultation with our users and neighbours over the last few years, we’ve submitted a joint planning application with our commercial development partner, Stanhope Plc and Mitsui Fudosan UK Ltd (SMBL Developments Ltd), for a proposed extension, which is now available to view and comment on via the Camden Council website.
By working in partnership, this extension will enable us to:
- share even more of our collection through new learning, exhibition and event spaces
- welcome more learners of all ages with new programmes and facilities
- further open up the Library with new entrances on Ossulston Street and Midland Road, and at the heart of the extension, a new foyer to host events with local communities and businesses
- provide more spaces for those seeking inspiration or a quiet spot to work
- increase our range of services for people starting or growing small businesses through new spaces for our Business & IP Centre
- offer more opportunities for skills and career development, and new jobs, particularly for people living locally and Camden’s young people
- celebrate local culture and heritage and work more closely with our neighbours to develop events, exhibitions and opportunities for and with the community on our doorstep
- create new outdoor green spaces for everyone to enjoy, as well as a dedicated community garden
- offer commercial space to organisations and companies of all sizes looking to make their base within the Knowledge Quarter, creating a thriving ecosystem for local and global businesses alike.
From week commencing 4 April you can see our full planning documents in person by visiting the Upper Ground Floor of our building at St Pancras.